Saturday, May 19, 2007

First day, first thoughts

It is an overcast, but warm day here in the Pacific Northwest. Peonies and clematis are blooming in the yard and poppies are throwing their petals open too.
The green grass and trees leafing out remind me of why I love this place so much. There was a small rain shower yesterday, but nothing that the flowers -- and people -- didn't love.
I have a sun room filled with huge pots of electric orange and phosphorescent fuschia geraniums. It's a warm and light-filled space to work on altered books and make a mess if I want.
I am going to a fundraising auction tonight for a bird habitat in our town. It is the first totally fun thing I have done in a while and I didn't have to do any work for it except shower and put on a dress, for a change. Blue jeans don't always work for everything. We can't be totally Northwest 24/7.