Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Another Spring Day in Oregon

It couldn't have arrived at a better time, just when I was thinking of sewing myself into long-johns permanently! I felt as if I were vacationing in Southern California. The beautiful, warm, sweet breeze flowing through the flowers! EW! What's that smell? Is there a skunk nearby? No, it's only the bright yellow flowers of the skunk cabbage.
But there were also johnny-jumpups, little yellow violets. And oxalis and trilliums with a ghastly, sneaky secret visitor!
I got hit in the eye by a tree branch that snapped up and caught me. I expected to see blood and pictured myself wearing an eye patch for the rest of my days, but I came out OK. The buds of the fallen tree were still trying to open. I'm not sure what kind of tree it is, but I am hoping the Ocean Spray bush didn't get smashed. We'll just have to wait until spring moves along a little further, I guess - femminismo
PS - And someone(thing) had a much worse time of it near the spring.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Wonderful colours and lushness!

Anonymous said...

... and here we are with cold cold winds rattling out bones after the most glorious last bits of summer for Easter..