Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Busy, busy day!

Today was a work day at the newspaper: reading, writing, editing. Argh! My eyeballs need a rest. But after work I went to volunteer some time at Valley Art Association, a nonprofit art gallery. Two artists, Gerald Sticka and Martha Denham, were the featured artists. Their work is wonderful, of course.
It was First Wednesday downtown and I prepared an appetizer (spinach leaves stuffed with Thai-inspired goodies), and there was cheese, dip, crackers, a rosy bowl of plums, grapes, veggies and a wine tasting with Montinore Reisling, pinot noir and pinotgrigo. Lots of happy, smiling people milling about - in the gallery and in the street because there were other vendors throughout town and it was a wonderful September evening. I was happy to be walking around town visiting with old friends and artists I had met last month. The summer is definitely coming to a close and it's hard to say goodbye to these longer, warmer evenings.
By 8 p.m., however, I was happy to be on my way home, with dahlias left over from the party. My shoes are off and my feet will soon be propped up.
I'm posting a photo of a portion of the food table. I love sunflowers! - femminismo

No comments: