Sunday, February 3, 2008

Bookbinding Fun and Using My Paste Paper.

Friday I began my bookbinding classes at The Accidental Bookmaker shop in Forest Grove. (At left is the binder's board covered with lovely paper, glued and rubbed down with the bone folder that's shown.)
It was fun, but frustrating, since I forgot I am spatially-challenged. (I don't know what else to call it when you can't visualize measurements, vertically and horizontally, and then cut the paper one inch too short and get everything all messed up.)
I've always had problems with this, but am practicing 1/16 and 1/8 of an inch cuts on my cutting mat.

I'm inserting photos of the book I did on Friday (at left, on the right, with the leaves) and the one I did today during the Super Bowl.
The Super Bowl folded book has some of the paste paper I made in September on its cover. Inside you can see the blue block foam stamp made during Judy Wise's journal class. I also included my bird stamp. Now I just need to choose the right words for the book.
I hope you are having fun doing whatever project you're working on. You are working on something, aren't you? - femminismo

No comments: