Monday, November 2, 2009

A Piece of the Moon.

ANOTHER gorgeous day here in Oregon. Well, our part anyway. A little cool this morning, but lots of sunshine in the afternoon.
Geese are flying -VvV- all over the place, back and forth in no particular direction. I guess they are feeding somewhere - Vvv - waiting for temperatures to drop a bit more and then they'll take off for southern climes. (This is absolutely a guess. They are much too high up to converse with and I haven't been flying in some time now. The V's are my geese!)
When I go to Michigan, I am hoping there is a duty-free shop at the airport in Detroit. I enjoy looking through them. Sometimes even treating myself to something I don't need. I believe on the return trip I will be stopping in Texas. I'm sure that's the quickest way to fly from Michigan to Oregon.
Today at work I printed stationery - colored letterhead - and actually got our new printer to cooperate with me and print No. 10 envelopes with the return address in color. It's these small triumphs that make life so worth living.
My pal, Dawn Sellers, was asking about the next library book sale. It begins in Forest Grove on Monday, Nov. 9, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. This is open to members only. They get first choice. You can become a member at the door, Dawn. (Incidentally, I haven't heard from you lately on Twitter. I know, I know ... I should talk!) The sale goes on Tues and Wed, 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. (yes, Veterans Day it's open; come in the side door off the parking lot) and Thurs-Fri, 10-5; Saturday, 10-3, bring a bag, fill it for $5. Wow! I just checked out Dawn's blog and her "Days of Poe." She has two really cute necklaces ("Nevermore") and other great stuff. What a fabulous exchange!
Hope you enjoy the two views of tonight's moon. One is the real photo and the other one I couldn't resist "solarizing." I always open that photo editor and vow not to do more than crop ... but then I get carried away - femminismo

3 comments:

Acornmoon said...

Great moon shot, I must try "solarizing".

I love it when the moon is full behind clouds.

Candace said...

How I love geese!
Those moon shots are mesmerizing esp that second one. I will have to see if I can give solarizing a whirl sometime -- funny how you have solarized the moon, eh?

Thanks for that link to Dawn Sellers too.
Take care, Pal!
Candace in Athens.

ArtSparker said...

Wow, that sky reminds me of an Arthur Pinkham Ryder painting.