GOT to post something or I will feel worthless as an addicted blogger!
It's been busy around our house for lots of different reasons, but I have managed to do a couple more gelatin prints.
Putting on paint and then laying down a few stems of daisies I came up with this. The daisies were removed from the paint and then I got another print, which added some color in the "resist" areas.
The only problem with this art technique is I get going - trying this, that and the other thing - and before I know it I've got something I like, but I'll be darned if I can remember how I did it.
And of course, with this technique, too, you're thinking backward: OK, first I put down the paint, then the flowers, then the paper - and rubbed. Then I pulled up the paper and removed the flowers and then I put the paper back down again. I think. No, maybe not. Maybe I painted some more. No, that wouldn't have worked. Gosh, I don't know what I did! But I like it!!
Here is another image "pulled" from the painted gelatin onto the paper. The flower petals are almost of photographic quality. I really, really like them and think I'll maybe cut them out and lay them on the more colorful paper. Maybe.
Friends and I are doing this again on Sunday, so get ready to see more artwork for which I will have no technical explanations - femminismo