Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Yes, it's me again.

I promised myself I would only sit down at the computer to check my e-mail, and then I saw the comment from "John," who said "Keep on blogging."
Well, you can't really turn down requests like that!
Besides, I know John has certain friends who could make life tough for me if I ever decided to drive through Canada.
Today was a beautiful day and I spent most of it sitting in a room filled with computers and other people - who were also wasting a perfectly good day - earning a living.
Did you ever wonder what might happen if you sold everything you owned and lit off across the country, working in a diner here, a gas station there ... even clerking in a hardware store? Did you ever wonder how many days you have left and ask yourself whether you want to spend them in a room with a bunch of machines just to earn enough money for another bag of groceries?
On a beautiful day like today I certainly wondered. What about those lilies of the field?
But then I got to come home to the charms of my house and paint pages in the altered book I'm making for the month of June. I can open the refrigerator and choose something to eat. I can turn on the computer and ... wait! Am I in front of a computer again?
OK. Now I am going to go back to the sunroom and work on the altered book while there's still daylight. I've had enough of machines for a while.
Ta ta!

No comments: