Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Yoga paradise

Today I spent one and a half hours in yoga bliss. We did restorative yoga for our last class this spring term. Ahhhhh! Made going back to work much less painful.

I then went "on assignment" (as we call it in the "biz") and took photos for an upcoming garden tour fundraiser at a local home high on a windswept hillside. The house was landscaped to the nth degree. Fabulous 180 degree view from the back yard!

Tonight Joyce Carol Oates is speaking/reading to a group in a town close to mine. I cannot believe I am not sitting or standing somewhere on the edges of a group of Oates maniacs. What would it take to lure me from my comfortable home on a Tuesday night? Or, rather, who would it take? I did go to see Amy Tan, but actually I never "saw" her; I only heard her. There was no way to stretch my 5' 2" frame in order to see over everyone's heads. Maybe that's how I thought the Oates talk would go.

I have to confess that I am falling behind on my one day at a time/one month each month/altered book quota. I do have the first of June page and one more painted page with a few bits of trivia - a grocery receipt and list. I had better get to work on some other parts of my life and leave the blogging alone for a while. This stuff is addictive. (I'm sure I'm not the first to note this.)

No comments: