Thursday, December 4, 2008

250 Posts!! It Seems Like Only Yesterday ... .

YESTERDAY - really, truly, yesterday it seems - but it wasn't. I began blogging on "One Day At A Time" when I began my monthly altered books April 2007. That's more than one year by far.
And here I am now, with the 250th post. I certainly hope in at least one of them I've found something to say to someone. And you know what I mean by "say."
I was just watch/listening to Ariana Huffington on Jon Stewart's "The Daily Show" and she said more than 50,000 blogs get started every day. Yipes! But I got what she meant; that we're talking about our passions and what we care about, and it's like being in a room with someone and sharing. We're separated by electronic media, but not really.
It's become a very personal sort of journaling for me, and all of it is floating around in cyber space searching for eyes to see it and ears to "hear" it. To friends out there, hello again. To strangers, welcome!
The flowers above are from today's Thursday bouquet on my desk at work. The wild smell of the ferns and fresh, green scent of the tiny roses - after a frost, at that - kept me partly in the outdoors while I had to be inside all day long.
I visited Judy Wise's blog and found her link to Susan Tuttle's blog. Susan has a new book, "Exhibition 36: Mixed-Media Demonstrations + Explorations," (at left) and here's the link. She's also having a contest. To enter click here.
Her artwork is inspirational and is just the sort I like the best - with alphabets, paint, old photos and odd juxtapositions and rusty things. Check it out and enter the contest.
Here's to roses in December and blogging friends - femminismo

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Congratulations on your 250th post and I look forward to many more.

Candace said...

Congrats, femminismo. And lucky you on that NanoWriMo too! I got close but no cigar... not that I smoke.
You should see that double whammy planets here by the Southern crescent moon. Wow!
How I love what you've done to that "winter rose". They're all beautiful to my eyes.

Your Pal.

Candace said...

"that double whammy planets"... duh. The Queen's English is led daily to the slaughter around these parts, and most of the folks never leave the county let alone the country...

Janette Kearns Wilson said...

Thankyou for your comments on my blog,Ro and I both love colour it is true, so I discipline myself to paint sometimes in....grey!It is lovely to have another friend to catch up with on the internet. I am still not treeibly at ease with the medium but it will improve

Lady North said...

thank you so much for taking the time to view my first set of 12.
Congrats on your 250th blog as well! ..Blessings LN