Thursday, April 15, 2010

Two Things In One

EDNA st. vincent millay - Her poem is what is in my little "two in one" book.
I had all this colorful paper and had folded it into pages, but I wanted to mix these colors up a little bit more. After sewing them together I found the poem I wanted to write down - Moritorus, by Edna St. Vincent Millay - and trusting there would be enough pages I began transferring the lines to my tiny, sawed-in-half book.
One line of the verse on the top left, the next on the top right, the third on the bottom left and the fourth line on the bottom right. While I was doing this a thought occurred to me that when I got done I was going to be able to mix 'n match. Scramble up the poem as it were. I created whole new lines that either made me laugh or really appealed to me.
The lines fit perfectly within the book ... until I. turned. the. poetry. book. page. Wow! Another whole page! Those lines will have to be in another book! I am too tired right now to even contemplate doing it and must finish dinner (Cheerios) and get to bed. I've been working hard (at work) and coming home drained and unable to take on the chores I should be doing. Well, better to have too much to do than not enough, that's my motto.
These little packets are fun and they are going together totally at random. There is no rhyme or reason, but most of the poems so far seem to have either spring or love in them - femminismo

3 comments:

Steve said...

I love the butterfly wing effect of the book - makes it look incredible delicate and yet very tactile at the same time.

Fresca said...

WOnderful project!

And Cheerios for dinner...
I had Raisin Bran.

Candace said...

Clever. Colourful. Creative. And sometimes spring or love trumps rhyme or reason in the world...

I love this little project.