Sunday, March 1, 2009

Stories Anyone? Stories?

I FOUND an old story I decided to use for the library cards and pockets I will be mailing out soon to the WILD and CRAZY folks who decided they wanted to receive one.
The writing group I used to attend had a real writer in it, and by "real" I mean someone who finished her stories and sent them off to publishers and actually saw them in print.
She wrote a story called "The Cat Man" and had it published in Cricket Magazine. Her name is Mary Laufer.
I had forgotten I wrote this story. It was in 2004 and my story was sort of a take off from Mary's story. Her story "The Cat Man" was about a librarian and one of the odd patrons who came into the library. I sat down to write during Writers Group and my words came from the cat man's point of view. I never finished the story. Note: This is my modus operandi.
So now I have to finish it. I have six cards done. Each card has part of the story attached. Hopefully it is a juicy part on each of the cards. And it is a grim story. I don't know where it came from. I sort of hate to imagine which area of my brain was responsible.
However, I think everyone will want to get their card decorated, take a photo of it, then send the photo to me so I can post all the cards and then the story in its entirety.
Well, this will be short tonight. Hope all is well on this first day of March. Our new month came in like a lamb in this neck o' the woods - femminismo

5 comments:

Barb Smith said...

You have no idea how I'm looking forward to receiving my little part of the story. Let me know when to start stalking the mailman. lol
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Unknown said...

ha ha ha - I've been stalking him already - now I know to relax for at least a couple of days :)

3rdEyeMuse said...

woohooo! you are definitely great at building the suspense! :)

Candace said...

Personally, I cannot wait to hear more as this experiment goes along its merry way. And I do so like how you are using these cards! Waste not, want not I always say.
Take care and watch out for the March lion. He's sneaky.

Your Pal.

ArtSparker said...

I love a morbid tale. Anticipating!