Sunday, March 2, 2008

FINISHING UP.

I KNOW all too well that February is over and done with - all one extra day of it. However, I made a new foam blue block stamp today for my "crow page" and the I Ching inspired me to see what today holds for me.
I couldn't have turned to a better page in the book!
I hope you'll agree with me that the I Ching inspired this creative person (and who isn't, deep inside, creative?), and the blue block, which is impressed with various keys I found, made an extraordinary stamp for this page.
Keys are a good metaphor because we're always looking for ways to unlock the creative juices. I love Alan Cober's crow illustration, and as you see I couldn't paint over it entirely. I hope I didn't ruin his wonderful book too much; just altered it enough to inspire my imagination and other's, too.
See you on the flip side. - femminismo
p.s. Please comment. It will encourage me more than you know.

1 comment:

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

This is absolutely breath-taking! I haven't been by in a while and what do you reward me with but my favourite animal in the world?!? Wonderfully gorgeous. (And I love keys too!) I'll have to try and make a blue foam block stamp. It looks so great! Thanks so much for the inspiration! :0) Mel