Sunday, March 16, 2008

Learning, learning all the time.

YES, THAT'S ME. Learning all the time. Saturday night the Mister and I went to a Craig Carothers concert. Just him and two guitars - more than enough. What a great voice he has and his songwriting talents are tremendous. Very humorous fellow, too. If you ever have the chance, be sure to see him and give him a listen. In fact, you can - here on my very own forbidden (probably) video. When I shot this (gee, sound like Bernardo Bertolucci, don't I? Or maybe Gus Van Sant?) I was ecstatic. It's just a short digital camera in movie mode, but still it gives you a taste of Mr. Carothers' style. Then I got home and looked at it. Sideways! It was sideways!
There aren't a whole lot of options for fixing this problem (well, you could hold the camera horizontally in the first place), but between Google and Microsoft help I found a sort of cure and rotated the video in Movie Maker. It disturbs the pixels (stretches it out) and I don't know how to fix that, but help may yet arrive.
In the meantime, enjoy the song about Craig's love getting on her horse and riding off. Tragic ending to this song, but you won't hear it here. Check out his Web site, where I'm sure he has much more professional videos and you'll be suitably impressed.

Here is another photo of a page in my journal I did today just to say I'm doing an art journal. I want to make art suitable to someone who's been working continually at it for years and years, but I'm only a weekend, once in a while, artist. I know I should be more patient, but it's so hard. Anyway, it's my attempt to imitate Modigliani. See what you think. I used only the colored pencils I had at hand, since I was really supposed to be cleaning my room.
By the way, Craig Carothers said not to wait until you got the perfect, just right desk before you started writing, or your writing would never happen. So I didn't wait for the just right art materials either.
I guess this means no excuses about not doing art, even if you have worked an 8-hour day.
Will try harder. - femminismo
p.s. Sorry the photo's so darn big.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Candace said...

Gosh, this is just a great blog! The side bars are simply captiviating. (I love Tiger Lily and then Another Tiger. I don't think there's anything that would embarrass HER. LOL.)

Thanks so much for sharing your life and art.
Candace