Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Something for Myself.

TODAY I DID something for myself. It involved stripping from the waist up and applying pressure to a couple of "friends" I've had for quite a few years. I do this to my friends yearly so we can have a long, happy life together.
Judy Wise mentioned she had gotten her mammogram, and it reminded me that I'd gotten a letter in the mail from the local hospital that it was time for my yearly exam. I had put the letter aside, waiting just a little bit to call and make an appointment. But I told myself to stop being foolish and pick up the phone. Today the very efficient technician did a fast and painless job. So I found a ribbon online to post as a reward to myself for doing the right thing for my health. Good for me!
Now for some art: I have been carving in a soft block of "Mastercarve" material. I'm working on leaves and vines, something I enjoy. I'm not sure how it's going to look when it's done. Usually, I've found that even though it looks messy while you're carving, and it's nothing like you planned when you started, it turns out to look OK once you ink it and stamp it.
I'll show it to you tomorrow because it's somehow grown late in the evening. Another big day tomorrow. I hope you've gotten some art done today. - femminismo

No comments: