Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Ferns in the Pacific Northwest forests.

THERE was a visitor recently - Candace at EyeCandy blogspot - who loves to draw ferns and their spirals. Catching these plants in the spring is one of my favorite things to do. I enjoy trimming the ones that grow around our house so I can remove the dead, or spotted, winter-burnt foliage and reveal the "newbies" yearning to unfurl.
Above are wild bleeding hearts on the little hill at the top of the river bank. At right is one of the ferns growing along the river bank in the sun - twisted and convoluted - that I spotted in the forest on Sunday.
Now I must go make a thousand cookies for an art reception tomorrow night - the art reception for some of the children artists I "featured" here yesterday.
Speaking of thousands, there are only 503 more visitors and someone will win the "Mystery Woman" picture!
Now to get elbow deep in sugar, eggs, flour and chocolate chips. My blood sugar is soaring thinking of it! - femminismo

1 comment:

Candace said...

Oh My Goodness! Don't you just addre these "natural" works of art? So grand and yet so delicate. Girl, you have been busy! Thanks for your note, too. It's always good to hear from you.

Big Hug,
Candace