Thursday, April 24, 2008

Clearing Out My Life.

YES, INDEEDY! I am clearing out, cleaning up, moving on. The Mister volunteered to help me organize my art space and I said "Thanks, but no thanks." Then I took a look in the room. I'd post the picture I took of it, but it's for my secret journal only right now.
Suffice it to say that when I took a real look at that room and was honest with myself I knew I would never clean it up.
He has the time and I don't. He has the ambition ... and, well, again ... I don't. So I thought what the heck. It might be interesting to see what happens. So far we're still Mister and Missus.
Tonight I came home to more "rearrangements" of certain items in the "office" of our house and I decided to tackle the multitude of books I have on shelves. Wonder of wonders, I was able to give up quite a few of them.
Do you live near me? Do you know me? Would you pay the postage if only you could have one of these books? Can you see any in these stacks you would like for your own? You may have them. Otherwise they go to the book sale coming up in May.
Some are winners. Some are losers. Some I started and never finished. Some I read and can't remember what they're about.
Right now they are dust collectors and I am feeling invigorated getting shed of them.
What was really interesting were the books I could never give up in 100 years.
Incidentally, look in the upper left hand corner for the latest visitor count. Remember that No. 2,000 gets the one-of-a-kind picture of the Mystery Woman. (If someone from Kiev claims it - Oy, vay! The postage!)
Thank you to the wonderful people I tagged. (Sorry again. I know it takes time.) However, I knew I could expect the best. Nice to meet you all and I've enjoyed viewing the blogs you tagged. - femminismo

2 comments:

Ro Bruhn said...

How brave you are letting your husband clean your studio, I'd be terrified if my husband started on mine, he's a neat freak.

Anonymous said...

Seeing your collection of books reminds me of my collection of material. I need to get excited about quilting again, because I sure can't throw any of beautiful materials I have.
Love, Jen