Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Finished, done, complete.

I AM DONE with the Mystery Woman. I don't know what I've created, who she is or what she stands for. Perhaps she is just that - a mystery. Maybe she is me, contemplating what to do next, what to be next. Maybe the hands that hold her head or smooth her hair are also comforting me. I find the image to be so soothing. Not threatening. Maybe they are the hands of wisdom. The hands of my grandmothers and great-grandmothers back throughout the ages.
I'd like to think that, so I will!
This is the image I'm offering to the 2,000th visitor to my blog. It may be difficult to make sure the person who logs on as that certain visitor ever comes back by to see if they've "won," because people stumble across blogs all the time thinking they are places that might have the information they want or need. I have had visitors from Germany, Japan, Italy, the Netherlands ... all over the world.
Please stop back by if you'd like to know if you're number 2,000. I'll post the information (again, your Internet provider, your city, state, country) and then if I don't hear from that person in a couple of days I'll post the next one ... and so on.
My cousin in Canada has told me to blog more often, and I will certainly try. I may not always have a lot to say, but I'm here at the keyboard or at the art table.
I must bind my November 2007 art journal pages together and then I will take a picture of all 12 journals so you can see them from April 1, 2007, to May 30, 2008. A full year of adventures, boring grocery lists and other minutiae. Good night - femminismo

No comments: