Thursday, July 3, 2008

Voodoo Doughnut Day At Work

THURSDAY: The day I first tasted Voodoo Doughnuts. It was only one small slice of a powdered sugar doughnut with red filling ... that tasted, well ... red.
I shortly discovered the curse of the doughnuts. White powder on my pants even though I had been extra careful.
Here is the very photogenic Mac B. tasting the Voodoo Doughnut with Froot Loops. We'll have to see on Monday, after the holiday weekend, if Mac was visited by any strange occurrences.
I only know I got some strange looks, and I thought my pants were being admired until I noticed the white powder. Heeerrrrreesss Mac.
Jim M. had the sugar glazed maple bar (don't know if it had bacon in it, or not) but he was not seen for a while after consuming the doughnut. Off on a "sugar buzz," he wuzz.
Meanwhile, work colleague Christa S. has almost completed her version of Alice in Wonderland as a wedding gift for friends.
She did a fantastic job. Throughout the black and white drawing - done entirely by her - were reflections of Alice in the hooka and the teapot and a couple other places.
Alice is the only person in the drawing who is in color. I love it. Absolutely love it.
She says the Wizard of Oz is next on her list to illustrate. I can not wait.
Christa is very, very talented.
Jim and Kay came over to visit tonight and it was good to see them again. They come here from Montana more often since they now have one of those magical grandchildren in the area.
For the complete, hilarious story of Voodoo Doughnuts, check out the imbedded link - femminismo
Happy 3rd of July. I hear fireworks going off everywhere on our street right now as I type.
Lovely. ) : (
I can only imagine what tomorrow night will be like. Maybe we'll go to a movie.

No comments: