Monday, August 11, 2008

It Doesn't Take Much to Make My Day!

I CAN'T TELL YOU how happy it makes me to see a comment left for me from a "reader." It's like a mini-present I didn't expect to get today. Thanks Southern Girl and Candace. Jen and Nikki: You are right up there too. When I see that someone visited and read two or three pages, I want to thank them for spending their time on my pages. I just hope you find something worth your while. I will try and "make it so."
The pictures are of two pages I painted this evening. Just before them, in my altered book, there are two pages I painted last night with only the light from the kitchen window shining into the sunroom and lighting up the table and book. Wouldn't you know? Those two pages may just be my favorites.
The two pages here were goopy with paint and I couldn't resist putting my fingers into it. This is the fun part of art when you feel like a kid and try new experiments. That's a leaf skeleton - magnolia leaf - that was sitting around near the art table. I think it will stick there just fine, and when the paint's dry I'll add some matte gel.
Well, that's all I have for today. Look for more pages tomorrow - and thank you to JoAnn for finding me an empty record album book to turn into an altered book for the next project. And Sylvia found me a four-paned window so I can get busy with that too!
Life's good with friends, unexpected presents and folks who comment on pages - femminismo

1 comment:

Candace said...

LOL. well, yours just happens to be one of my favourite blogs. You are always up to something. So there...

I really love this artwork! Very vibrant colours! Even here, the textures are very apparent, and isn't goop so cool? The matte gel might just help that leaf skeleton stay down, too, if that's one of the things you're aiming for.

Where are you taking us on this new journey, Jeanne? It feels and looks a little different but exciting!

More please!
Candace