Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Never Too Busy For Friends.

WELL, Candace, my pal, when you left a comment I felt a little bit guilty for not being more on top of things and posting a little something extra on the First Day of Fall and telling you how our wedding anniversary celebration went.
I know you're all breathless with curiosity. (Insert grin here.) The massage left me feeling balanced; truly "square" and balanced. My heart rate and breathing rate were slower throughout the day and what a heavenly sensation to be truly pampered like that for an entire hour. I would like to do that at least twice a month!
The Mister and I spent the rest of the day on the couch. I am reading Joyce Carol Oates' "A Garden of Earthly Delights," so it felt absolutely hedonistic to simply sit and read for a change - something I wanted to read, that is. (Joyce, at left, and I are soul sisters. We both write grim, unhappy stories.)
As you may remember (for those who take notes on my life; I'm sure there's at least one of you - maybe an FBI agent or someone from the CIA), and you can insert another grin here, I am going to take Lark Brandt's class in painting watercolored batik pictures on daphne paper this Saturday. I am looking forward to the class and hope to come back with something to frame for a Christmas gift. I think this year a lot of us will be making gifts. (Sorry, Nordstrom! Apologies, LL Bean.) But after reading 401(k) "dollars" may be worth only 97 cents, you can't be too careful. But, hey, why spread bad news? It will get to us soon enough. I've always been the grasshopper, and not the ant, anyway. Thank goodness I married an ant.
I must go now. I am off to yoga practice and then to a meeting. Don't I have the gadabout life? I wish! - femminismo

1 comment:

Candace said...

Jeanne, great post, but the FBI is calling and I will be giving you up to them, girl...! Seriously, lucky lucky you to be taking that marvelous class with Lark Brandt. You must tell about that if and when you can. Happy for you.

(Funny, but the Mister doesn't *look* like an ant...!)
Take care.
Candace