Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Co-Workers Who Drive Us Crazy.

GOT one in your office? Want mine? Can easily be shipped to any destination.
Just kidding. Besides, Pee-Wee says no.
Ever have one of those days? One of those days where you were glad you had a hearing loss? No? Didn't think so. But some days I count that as a blessing.
Did I mention, ever, that I have a hearing loss. It's quite significant, and also with the hearing loss is tinnitus - the constant roaring of sea waves and chirping of birds and rhythmic metallic echo of my own heartbeat. The hearing aid I wear helps with the tinnitus, since it makes other noises loud - or their normal volume - and it drowns out the shushing and roaring. Along with the tinnitus is the vertigo and a feeling of fullness in my ears. This is something I've been dealing with ... let's see ... about 30 years! Wow! So I guess I should be used to it, but not a day goes by that I wouldn't trade something precious for my good hearing back again. Guard yours well, my friends, OK?
However, if you've got an irritating co-worker, you can always turn your hearing aid OFF!
Still working on my tree. I've painted over the quoted bits from Genesis and then sanded them. I like them better obscured. Then I repainted the person (see earlier blog posts). Don't like "him" and will try again when "he" dries. Do you think God had these sorts of problems? (Sorry to offend anyone, but there it is!) - femminismo
p.s. Almost forgot Self-Portrait Wednesday and had to sneak back in to place this.

4 comments:

Julie Fillo said...

Jeanne,
So sorry to hear you have to deal with tinnitus. It's so sweet how you make a joke of everything, but still share your real life with us. Thank you.

Janet said...

Oh, I have SO wanted to be able to turn the sound off at work. I could start a whole other blog just about office irritations! but i won't.
I like how your painting is coming along. so cool.

Anonymous said...

wouldn't it be nice if some people came with volume controls...

Candace said...

Well, I think it would be even nicer if they came with on/off switches...

wow, you have been so so busy. I don't read or write for a week and look what happens! And what a great idea about the Tree with its leaves of Genesis!
(I have this image now of God on a Blog... "Adam's Portrait Wednesday. No good, must try again. Mmm... maybe I should start with that gal after all!"

Your self portrait is so fascinating! First I love the colours but more importantly, it goes along so well with your honesty about the seeming loss of a 'sense'. Did you intend for that to come across? (At least you still have common sense, Jeanne!)

Take care and I am about to exchange verbal blows with the Post Office!
Your Pal