Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Dedicated to Ro.

If you haven't heard of her, you simply must go check out Ro Bruhn's art. Her stamped journal/altered book pages have led me to new painting heights with vibrant color mixes and patterns.
And her encouragement to carve my own stamps has got me up until past 10 p.m. (again!) even though I swore I'd get to bed early tonight.
It's not Ro's fault, however. It's addictive and has kept me from snacking on chips and from biting my nails ... for a while.
I carved two stamps tonight: one is a flower inspired by a similar stamp on Ro's pages, and the other is "the woman" - as the Mister calls her - that I keep drawing over and over again. Ro says she finds carving her own stamps is "very rewarding." I'll go even further. It makes me feel Powerful. Watch out, world!
Sleepily, femminismo.

2 comments:

Ro Bruhn said...

Wow, these are fabulous, I'm glad my blog inspired you, it's wonderful to see other people's interpretations. Thanks so much for the link to my blog. Happy creating.
Ro
xo

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Love "the woman"