Friday, October 31, 2008

The Clock is Ticking.

YOU BET the clock is ticking. Always is.
With the end of this month, the time is running out for relaxing cups of tea and lay-abouts on the sofa with the newspaper.
It's time to be thinking of plots, great verbs, unusual situations and channeling the thoughts of characters who pop into your head unbidden. It's time to keep a pad and pencil by the bedside for those middle of the night excellent thoughts. It's time for typing on and on without really thinking just to get those 1,200 words - or thereabouts - on the hard drive every day to reach the Nanowrimo goal of 50,000 before November's last few hours elapse.
Tonight my brother came over and handed out candy to trick or treaters so I was able to do a little bit in my art journal. Above is something I did on the theme of webs for the Yahoo SoulJournal group. (You can join if you want, I'll bet. I'll give out the contact in the next post.) The original idea was "Web of Love," I believe. But mine came out "Web of Good Intentions."
I will try not to let all these "sticky" things get between me and writing during the month of November.
So I will say goodbye to October 2008 forever and to you ... only for the night - femminismo

6 comments:

Candace said...

Wow, I had 9 (NINE) hobgoblins tonight. I think the oldest was eight. They were totally brave and totally scared to death... what sweet little homemade monsters they were. My favourites were the brother and sister tag team (Dracula and a Fairy Princess in pink).

Sticky things... ha! don't I know it.

femminismo said...

Candace,
You are so funny! Brother and sister tag team! hahahahahaha! You spelled "favourite" like the Brits. Are you British and are you going to London for fun or fame? Gotta know these things. Thanks for all your comments. You are the bestest. - jeanne

Jane B. said...

I really like what you did with this exercise! I get sucked into that web all the time too. For instance, I love blogging, but I do know that it does cut into my art time. But, it has it's own rewards. As for laundry, however.....not sure of rewards. Great work!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

You are so inspiring! Your photos of your garden leave me breathless. What beauty! And that SoulJournal group sounds like a wonderful idea. It is exactly what I needwant to do. I hope your writing is going wonderfully. From the way you write on your blog, I can tell that you're a fabulous writer. :O) Happy November! :O)

Jane B. said...

The Infanta of Dachsonia thanks you for visiting her kingdom - she loves, she LOVES! (and if you met her, you'd see what I mean - she's the most affectionate dachshund, um, royalty, in the world.)

Kathryn Costa said...

Great interpretation! I've posted it as the featured piece this week on the Soul Journal Yahoo site. Check it out!

{soul hugs}
k