Friday, October 3, 2008

Guess Where I Am!

I WON'T keep you in suspense: I'm at Cannon Beach, Oregon, attending the fall conference of Oregon Press Women - and no, we're not bench pressing. We're talking about writing for newspapers, magazines, writing in general and how to market our writing ... and where to go from here if we're working for the fading newspaper industry, which is an ancient idea begun by Egyptians trying to market papyrus.
Cannon Beach is a lovely town. JoAnn and I can see the ocean from our window and Sunday morning, before we leave, we hope to get through some of the shops and walk on the beach. There's an actual independent book shop in town that I love to go through when I'm here, so that's on the list.
I don't have any photos to post and it's just as well. Since we are in a "bowl" here at the Hallmark Inn there is no wireless Internet service and I'm back to using dial-up. Yikes! Ever think you could go back to that again? Think again. I am - femminismo

2 comments:

Candace said...

Well, I do expect photos and more shenanigans! Dial up? What's that?
So happy you were able to get to this. Sounds grand!
Your Pal.

Mrs. G. said...

I love Cannon Beach! What a cool conference.